Friday, August 29, 2008

Heaven for a little boy

Would be something like our street this summer. Most of the neighbors are tired of the noise, the dust, and the inconvenience of the massive street project we're nearly halfway done with, but Kyle is in HEAVEN. We watch the trucks often and talk about dirt a lot.

One day this week we were out and I had my camera in hand, wanting to get some shots of Kyle watching the trucks. Well a couple of drivers spotted my camera and offered to let Kyle sit in their trucks for some shots. It was so nice of them! We did take them cookies the next day. ;-)

Here's my little boy in some big trucks.Kyle thinks, "I could do this if I could somehow get to the pedal."

Riding the excavator. This was a fun one!


The big hole moves from one end of our street to the other. It's done it twice so far replacing water lines and then sewer lines. One more trip down doing the storm sewers, then it is on to replacing the road itself. This picture doesn't do justice to the size of the hole, but it does a little when you notice the man's head next to the knee of the guy on the right.

I got some good arm exercises in this week since I was unable to access my driveway and had to park down the street. Lugging Erin in her car seat has to be about 20 pounds, then carrying 33-pound Kyle because I didn't want him crossing the street with the huge hole and all the trucks, and carrying our stuff. Whew. Thankfully I'm back in the driveway for now.

And I keep wondering how many people on my street are having trouble waking up to their alarm clocks since they have learned to tune out the constant BEEP BEEP BEEP we hear all day long. My alarm clocks goes MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY, so I have no worries!

1 comment:

Mamma Mia said...

Wow, Connor would be So jealous if I showed him these pictures!!!