Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A night out at the fair

We headed over to the Berrien County Youth Fair on Friday night. Before we had Kyle I had not been to enjoy the actual fair itself since I was young, other than being back for the great country singers they usually host. (Kyle did get to enjoy Sara Evans in concert at the fair, in utero!) It’s been a great experience to see the fair fresh through the eyes of a child again, especially the thrill of being so close to the animals. Kyle really, really likes the animals.

This year he was excited to be loose from the confines of the stroller, and he also got to enjoy some of the rides at the fair. Kyle rode several with Mike and I, and then one of them he had to ride by himself since there was a maximum height. He said he was okay with that, and I strapped him in across from a girl who was about six. Well, he did fine, right up until she started screaming her head off. Not because she was scared, but just being a silly girl having fun. Unfortunately the screaming freaked Kyle out, who spent the rest of the ride crying to get off. Poor guy! The girl’s mom apologized to me, which I thought was nice.

Here are some pictures from our night out. It really was a great time!!

Kyle and the animals.
Kyle asks the all important question, “Is your Mama a lama?”
Kyle and Erin were impressed… this cow could pick its nose with its tongue. **And no, Kyle does not pick his nose… yet, I’m sure… rolling eyes.**
And just some animal shots I like. This lama asked if there was a dentist in the house.
Some more fair pictures.

2 comments:

Mamma Mia said...

Great pictures! Connor is a little scared of big animals still. I wish that I could have been there with you guys...
Erin is just so adorable!
Hugs to you all.
Mia

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Laura!