Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It could be worse, Mulligan

It seems when I bring a new child into my life, there is one thing that has to fall by the wayside. As if I have reached an upper limit in how many things I can possibly remember in a day, and a new baby tips the scale just enough that one thing falls right out of my brain. When Kyle came home it was the plants. I simply could not remember to water them. Ever. One by one by one I threw dead plants out. Plants I had lovingly watered for years couldn't figure out why they suddenly lived in the Sahara Desert.

Enter Erin. Again, my issues seemed to revolve around water. Countless times I walked into the kitchen and thought, "Hmm. I wonder how long it's been that Mulligan's water dish has been bone dry?" Poor dog was parched.

Luckily, there must be others in the world with my problem of forgetting the fill the dog's water dish, because someone invented this:
Man, with this thing Mulligan is golden for about a week. He doesn't have to worry about empty bowls and cotton mouth again. Of course the loud GLUB GLUB that happens on occasion when the water fills into the bowl scares the fur off him, but he will get used to that.

Be thankful, Mulligan, that I found a solution. The plants were not so lucky!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Don't worry Laura! I still blame things on being pregnant with Megan! haha

Jessica said...

This one made me laugh out loud!

Mamma Mia said...

That's hilarious Laura! If we had that in the house with Connor, there would be water everywhere!

Lynellen said...

Somthing like "watering globes" might help you with the plants, should you ever want them back.