Thursday, August 21, 2008

Good thing she's so cute... three month pictures

Well, Erin is lucky she smiled for her pictures and we got some good ones, because what ensued afterward would have been worse if we'd walked away empty handed. We went in for pictures on Tuesday morning and finished the shooting part. Erin was fussing, so I told the photographer I was going to feed her in the corner of the waiting room while she got the pictures ready to review. (There was no one else in the entire studio.)

She told me she was just about ready, so if I didn't mind it wouldn't bother her if I fed Erin while in front of the computer so we could select pictures at the same time. Since I had a blanket and no one else was there I said okay.

So Erin is eating and we're looking at the pictures. Erin begins making very unladylike noises from her bum, and it's not just air. She continues to eat, however, so I figure I'll give her a minute to make sure she is done before I stop to change her. Boy was she not done.

Next thing I know, she toots LOUDLY and warm poop is running down my leg, I try to stop it with my hand and now have poop all over my leg and all over my hand. And it still gets on the chair and runs to the floor. So I am trying to get up without making more of a mess, all while balancing Erin and trying to maintain some smidgen of modesty.

And the girl then begins a whole conversation with me about the poop and I am trying to explain what's normal for breastmilk poop when a baby has never had so much as a bite of cereal mixed in yet.

What an embarrassing fiasco!

At least the girl was really nice about it. She is married with no kids yet... my sister said, "Yeah. She probably doesn't want them now." LOL

Anyway... here are some of the shots from Tuesday. She's a beautiful girl, even if she does poop at inconvenient times. ;-)

And this is her, "I have ways to get you, Mommy," look. If only I had listened, hee, hee.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful little Pooper you have there!

Valerie said...

Even lil princesses get the sharts huh? Erin is adorable as ever!

Jessica said...

I love the first one, but they are all beautiful. I'm laughing at your story. Caleb did the exact same thing to me twice... once in church!!

Angel said...

Hey, Laura! I was updating my bookmarks (new computer) and re-found you! Erin is adorable! What a sweetheart!

Colleen said...

I laughed out loud at that story..but the pictures did come out lovely. She is beautiful!