Friday, July 11, 2008

Rucks, Mommy! More rucks!

Kyle has really been enjoying all the trucks on our street this week. Since Monday they have torn out the entire road down to the dirt as well as the curbs and each driveway up to the sidewalk. We’ve spend the past few mornings out on the front porch watching from about 7:15 on. Kyle’s been concerned that when we leave now we are driving on dirt. “Dirt, Mommy! Uh oh, dirt!” We must not take him on real dirt roads enough, LOL.

The entire project is supposed to last until November. I can’t imagine that it takes that long to lay the new pipe since they ripped the road out so quickly. We’ll see. I must admit I am enjoying watching this, too. Probably not as much as Kyle, but I find it interesting. Check back with me when they keep turning my water on and off, though!

Here’s some video from this week.

Here's Kyle with the best view... from our porch.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Awww...look at his face! That is priceless. He is such a boy. LOL

Anonymous said...

Kyle's expression in that picture is AWESOME!!

Colleen said...

I love his face! He looks so big in that chair. He must really be enjoying the "rucks!"

the mom~ said...

That is just WAY too cool! A few years ago a side street near us was being tore up and repaved and we sat for hours on the corner watching the trucks. It was cheap fun, LOL!