Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Two Month Birthday, Erin!

Once again my baby has reached a month milestone and I can't believe she is that old! Two months already! In the past month Erin has really been spending more time awake and is full of smiles. She really is a happy and content baby, something we are enjoying immensely.

She has settled into a routine of going to sleep at night around 11, waking up once during the night to eat, and then sleeping again until between 6 and 9. She sleeps in her crib for much of the night now, although I have to admit that when she gets up to eat I bring her to bed to feed her and she often stays there. She naps on and off during the day, with at least a couple that last a long stretch. One of the long ones tends to be when Kyle wakes up from his nap, so Kyle and I get some one-on-one play time in.

Kyle continues to give Erin an unbelievable amount of love. There has not been a jealous bone in his body since she came home. He kisses her constantly and gives her the cutest hugs where he just touches her with each hand. He asks to hold her on the couch a lot, as well. If Erin fusses he gets concerned and wants me to help her. (Of course it's only fair since Erin has to adjust her sleeping schedule around his activities a lot!)

The thing we have been enjoying the most about Erin this month is watching her personality emerge. She is just so happy and smiley. She is also cooing, which is beautiful to hear! She coos the most when she realizes she is about to eat, which makes me laugh. We get to see how much she has grown when she goes in for her two-month pediatrician appointment on Friday.

Look how small she looks on the couch!

6 comments:

Mamma Mia said...

Look at her red hair!!! She's beautiful!!!

Valerie said...

Happy two month birthday, Erin! What a lil doll!

Crystal said...

I am so glad things are going well. Kimber just now started sleeping that good. She usually eats around 11 and then wakes up at 2:30 and 5:30. The last few nights we have skipped the 2:30 feeed...but as you can see I am posting this at 2:45. No luck tonight. She is a doll! I love the red hair!

Crystal said...

feeeeed...ha ha.
I am tired.

the mom~ said...

2 months already?!?!?! Where did the time go? :(
She is a beautiful little Boz girl!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww! She is just adorable! I love her red hair!!!