Monday, July 28, 2008

How to make blueberry muffins... By Kyle

First you ask your mom to take you to a blueberry patch. You’ll get a bucket that you are supposed to put the berries in.

She will tell you to pick the blue ones, but it is sometimes fun to pick the pink ones. When this happens you need to say, “Oh no, pink!” These are the ones you should pick:

Of course, it is very important to try the berries. In fact, as long as your mom is picking, too, I say eat every last berry in your bucket. I know that’s what I did!

And before you leave stop to see the chickens because they like blueberries, too.

Now on to the baking. Clean your berries. Don’t they look yummy?

You want to mix the flour and other dry ingredients. I was confused on “sift” and thought it meant “shift” because I kept trying to move the flour mixture from one bowl to the other.

Crack the eggs. This was my first time and I only got a little bit of shell in!!

Add oatmeal, and then carefully add the berries.

Now you’ve got to put the muffin cup papers in. If they are from the movie Cars it makes the muffins taste even better.

And look, ta da! We have muffins!

And after all that, I’m just not sure about it. Hmm.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Love Kyle's commentary!

Crystal said...

Those pictures are great!

Jessica said...

This is one of my favorite posts of yours or should I say Kyle's. Too cute!!

Sara said...

Kyle is quite the baker! lol

Colleen said...

Great job Kyle! I think you and Megan would get along great-she thought she was supposed to eat all the strawberries too while Mommy was picking them! Love the expression in the last pic!

Unknown said...

CUTE!!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

that... is.... AWESOME. what a cutie!