Friday, July 25, 2008

Picture catch-up... lots!

As I was uploading the pictures for this post I was thinking about the title, picture catch-up, and thinking it was a picture page. Immediately a memory jumped into my head and a song was running through my head. "Picture pages, pictures pages, go and get your picture pages. Time for your crayons and your pencils." I am too old for Picture Pages, it is my little sister Beth who would race to get her Picture Pages when Bill Cosby came on and told her to as part of the Captain Kangaroo Show. My mom subscribed to the segment so my sister would have the pages they were doing on the show and could do them simultaneously with Bill. And, now that song will be stuck in my head for ages...

I digress... here are the pictures I am catching up on. Below are two shots of Kyle and his friend Brady. Brady lives two doors down from us and is six days older than Kyle.



While we were eating dinner at Brady's (well, his parents', Paul and Amy) Erin was very serious. Serious about a nap, that is.



Erin's first time swimming!! She wore her cute little swim suit for the first time and swam in the pool in the yard. She seemed rather indifferent to the experience, but Kyle thought it was great fun that she -- and Mommy -- had joined him in his pool.



We headed down to feed the ducks the other day. A cute little family with five babies swam up. Kyle was eating almost as much bread as he was throwing, always a plus when it's old bread. At least there was no mold.



When Kyle was a baby I took his picture in the same chair on his month birthday each month so that I could see his growth relative to the chair. With Erin I am going to take her month birthday pictures with this Taggies pillow, which was a gift from my friend Carol. And, sadly, I am such a bad mom with "second child syndrome" going... I missed her first month picture.


And a big smile during the same photo session.


More truck watching pics...


7 comments:

momto3blessings said...

I love all the pictures. I love Erins smile, she is to precious.

Valerie said...

Cute pictures!

Colleen said...

Great pics! I can't believe Erin is 2 months already! :O

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! So cute!! She's really quite the little red head isn't she? Love the pics!

the mom~ said...

Awwww...great pcitures. I love her 2 month picture.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures Laura! And, I used to love picture pages. My mom sent away for them for me (some promotion they had), and mine never came in the mail! Way to smash the dreams of a 5 year old Bill Cosby! LOL!

Unknown said...

She is growing SO fast! I can't believe it! Great pictures!