Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a great mother's day weekend I've had! Yesterday Beth and I took both my parents out for lunch. It was a really nice time. All the stress and worry of the past year seemed to take a break for two hours while we enjoyed a pleasant, happy lunch. Just like old times, and what a relief!!

Yesterday afternoon we hiked around on our land and Mike cut down more brush to create our drive in. There's going to be so much nature to see there! We explored a lot, and checked out some fallen trees and animal holes up close. And I've realized that 15 acres is probably enough to get lost on, haha!

Today I got to sleep in (well lay in bed late, at any rate, dozing amongst the noise of children.) I even read a few pages of my book before hauling my lazy bum out of bed. We went to our favorite breakfast joint, which we hardly ever go to anymore. It was a great meal, and fun to say hi to all the servers again.

The day was gorgeous!! What a difference sunshine and warmth makes! Even with the nice weather, we took in a movie because we'd been promising Kyle we'd take him to see Rio. It was very cute. Although I have to say we will not let it leave our cheap hometown movie theater again without getting there... we had to hit the expensive one!

No comments: