Monday, May 4, 2009

I love a parade....

And so do Kyle and Erin!! We went to the Grand Floral Parade in St. Joseph on Saturday, which is part of the Blossomtime Festival. Kyle always loves parades, and Erin is following along in his footsteps. She stared at it all fascinated. I thought she would fall asleep, but not a wink. We went with Beth, Troy, and Jack. Kyle, as always, loved hanging out with Jack. The weather was perfect, too. Sunny and sweatshirt temps. What a great time!!

The group, minus Mike and Troy who were getting coffee, lol.
Kyle said his favorite part of the whole parade was waving his flag!
The kiddos...
And characters that make parades great for kids: Ronald McDonald, Dora and Clifford. (Well, Ronald McDonald, "Explorer Girl," and "Red Dog." I think they are avoiding licensing costs, lol!)
The Indianapolis police motorcycles are always a huge draw every year with their acrobatic moves.
St. Bernard rescue.
A parade post has to have at least one float picture!
The St. Joseph High School marching band... my old band.
And here is Kyle after we gone home. He was tuckered out!

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

Ahhhh....I love it! Looks like a fun day! I wanna move to your town!

Jessica said...

I should have asked you to get a few photos of Jordan for me. I didn't get to go because of my photography class.

The kids looked like they were loving it!

Crystal said...

Those are great! I love the one of Kyle with the flag.