Thursday, May 28, 2009

Funnies from Kyle...

I've been trying to keep track of some of the more funny things out of Kyle's mouth lately. He says something that makes me laugh everyday, but here are some of the good ones.

Kyle had been messing around and spilled something, making a mess on the kitchen floor. I had him clean it up and said, "What do you say for spilling that?" I was looking for sorry. Instead he looked at me and said, "Dang it!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

In one of my finer parenting moments, after telling Kyle something multiple times, I said, "Stop it now, Kyle! I'm fed up!" Well, the next day he told me I was "filling him up." Then the day after that he walked by me muttering, "Erin is filling me up."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Along similar lines, Kyle confused another saying. He was grumping about something and Mike was, well, egging him on. Kyle came in to me to complain, and I said, "Go tell Daddy to quit egging you on." I knew Kyle didn't understand it, but thought it would be funny if he said it to Mike. Kyle picked up the line "leave me alone" from school. Well, from that point on Kyle spent several days telling us to "egg him alone."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Erin was banging something on the TV screen, and Kyle kept telling her, "No, no Erin!" She stopped, and Kyle looked at me and said, "I had to tell Erin to stop four times before she stopped."

I said, "How many times do I have to tell you to do something?" He looked at me and said, "Only three."

~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a babysitter, and Mike and I were standing in the kitchen commenting on something she did. I said, "Yeah, Hannah is a really good sitter." Kyle was in the kitchen also, and chimed in saying, "She's a really good walker, too!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Being a grammar geek, Kyle is being raised to speak proper grammar. We were standing in the kitchen and I was holding something. Kyle said, "Who is that Mom?" I told him, "You say 'What is that?' What is a thing, and who is a person." Kyle quickly replied, "I am a person!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

After an incident I was explaining to Kyle that he knows better than to stand on chairs. I said, "Kyle, if you had not being standing on that big tall chair you would not have fallen and gotten hurt." His reply was, "I didn't fall, Mommy. I jumped!" And that is my boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Another example of his "boyness" is that I came downstairs from laying Erin down for a nap and asked Kyle why the door was open. He said, "Oh. I just wanted to pee outside." Sigh. (And the hook is being moved to keep him IN. He can reach it this summer.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle asked me if he was going to be a grown-up. I told him, "Some day. But Mommy wants you to stay my little boy for longer." Kyle answered back, "I want you to stay my grown-up, Mommy." Awwwww.... he very often melts my heart.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those are the greatest!