Monday, October 13, 2008

It's a zoo out there!

Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the BEAUTIFUL fall day and get an excursion in. We went to Binder Park Zoo, which is about 90 minutes from us. We went to breakfast first, because Kyle always falls asleep if we drive around after breakfast. We figured he'd get a nap in on the way. Nope, he slept about 30 minutes in the car. But, he was really, really good all afternoon, as was Erin.

We got to the zoo and saw some animals, hit the children's zoo, rode the train, then rode the tram to the Wild Africa section. Here is where the highlight of the zoo is, because you can actually feed the giraffes. Kyle had so much fun!

Before we left we rode the carousal, then headed out. Kyle was fast asleep before we were even to the highway. It was a really great family day. :-)

The snow leopard was born in July, so it's a pretty big centerpiece of the zoo right now. This dog hangs out with it as a play mate.
This peacock was enjoying sharing our popcorn.
Well howdy there, Mommy!
In the children's zoo Kyle though he could pick up a goat, then conversing with the pony. The train ride. I though the second shot was kind of cool of Mike and Kyle's hands. Life father like son. :-)Some animal shots...

A dam at the zoo with a fall tree.

The highlight... the giraffes! First, here is how the viewing platform is set up. In the field there were all kinds of other animals who I'm sure were jealous that they can't reach the platform for a few giraffe biscuits of their own.

Woo hoo... video! Click the arrow >

This does not even show how long a giraffe's tongue is. This is about a third of its tongue. I swear it starts at the base of its neck, LOL.Everyone, and I mean everyone, say CHEESE!The carousal ride before we left.

And after a long, fun-filled day...

7 comments:

Valerie said...

What a great zoo!!! I love how up close and personal you are with the giraffes.

Jessica said...

That giraffe really is smiling! That photo made me laugh. What a great day. Funny you posted this... I was just thinking that I wanted to go to the zoo before the season is over. Now I really do.

Trina said...

Wow those are some good pictures! I can't beleive your beautiful weather this time of year. I mean shorts? hahaha Your family is so gorgeous Laura!!

Cheryl said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the giraffe "smiling" how cute!

Colleen said...

I love the "cheese" pic! how cute! We need to venture to another zoo soon.

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! I love zoos where you can actually be face to face with the giraffes. And, I love the picture of Kyle and Mike's hands on the train!

Anonymous said...

I want to suck him and fuck him