Saturday, October 18, 2008

Evolution of apple eating

There are really big signs that your child is growing up, like when they sit up or take their first steps. Those ones hit you square in the face and you can't possibly miss noticing them. Then there are small ones. The ones that on the surface are rather insignificant, but then you think about it and think about all the steps it took to get there.

Two years and fifty weeks ago Kyle's nourishment came entirely from milk I made. Then we added in some formula, some baby cereal, and around six or seven months Kyle tried some baby applesauce. Sometime around one year Kyle began getting getting pieces of actual apple cut up very tiny. From then until earlier this year those apple pieces grew in size until he was getting handed a bowl of peeled apple slices. Then I began peeling the apple and giving it to him whole.

Just recently my not-so-baby boy said, "Mommy, no peel apple, please." My little man wants it whole, just the way it came off the tree now. What a big boy.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that grin!

Larissa said...

Greyson will only eat the peel on GREEN apples...

A quirky child after his own mother's heart, I tell ya. Heh.

the mom~ said...

He is so precious, that smile can change my whole day on him :) Thanks for making me smile Kyle!