Friday, September 19, 2008

Way to grow!

Erin had her four month appointment today and she is 14 lb 3 oz and just over 24 inches. Way to grow, girl! She took three shots and one oral vaccination like a champ. Everything was great!

I was told that I do need to keep giving her the very nasty, very gross oral vitamins (American Academy of Pediatrics new recommendation), and I should not be giving her cereal until six months (another American Academy of Pediatrics new recommendation). The first I'm grudgingly okay with, the second I may split the difference and start her at five months. It has to do with food allergy prevention, and we don't have any family history or them so I think she'd be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't they have new recommendations every month or so that completely contradict some study they did just a short couple of years ago? Take it with a grain of salt, IMO. :) Girl is growing so fast!!