Sunday, September 7, 2008

Plugging the walks...

I have several friends who are diligently raising money for really good causes right now by participating in walks. Sooo, if you're looking for some great causes to support, and some great people, here are the links.

Our family friends, the Donegan's, are supporting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. This has become a passionate cause for them as they look to make a difference for Lucy. (As a side note, my cousin Debbie is also a tremendous fundraiser for this cause because her son Justin has juvenile diabetes.)
Lucky Lucy's team

My friend Colleen has been working her tail off to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I have been so proud of her commitment to this great cause!!
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

My friend Mia is also raising money for breast cancer research through the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure... another great organization.
Milwaukee Race for the Cure

Many of us find that at the end of the year we're making some charitable contributions for tax reasons... if that is something you do, why not pick up one of these causes now? Thanks!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I didnt know Mia was doing that! I donated to Colleen already. How awesome they are for doing something so great and selfless!

Colleen said...

Thank you Laura! I have in right now about $4200 in less than 2 months! My walk team has almost $60,000. How amazing is that!