Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mmmm... strawberry shortcake night!

One night this week we had strawberry shortcake for dinner. What you say? When I was growing up my best friend Stacy's mom used to do this one night a year when the Michigan strawberries came in. Even though I didn't like strawberries at the time, I think it was such a fun idea I copied their family tradition and brought it to our family. This is our second year having a strawberry shortcake night with our delicious Michigan strawberries. This year we used strawberries picked fresh that morning that I bought from a farm stand.

Here's a pic from dinner this week, and one from last year just for a fun comparison. It made me laugh when I saw that I used the same plate since we don't use that one very often anymore.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

How grown up is he?! I remember that tradition from last year. I should start that with my family. Tom would LOVE it!!!!

Kim said...

Thats an idea!!! My kids would love it!