Friday, April 18, 2008

I am ready

The baby has dropped and I have been dealing with a very significant and ever-present amount of ligament pain and pressure. It has been enough to bring me to tears and thwart many activities. I have been sitting (literally, or lying) feeling sorry for myself.

Coincidentally, a friend brought a line from a song to my attention. It is, “For I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus bring the rain..." It's from a song called Mercy Me. (Thanks, Salena! … http://thenessnest.blogspot.com)

I think that the discomfort at the end of a pregnancy has to be God’s way of getting us to anticipate the birth and actually look forward to it. To moving from this growing-the-baby stage to the caring-for-the-baby stage.

Okay, God. I am ready. Well, with officially five weeks to go the baby should bake a tad longer… but then, really, I am ready.

1 comment:

the mom~ said...

Oh Laura,
Isn't that line just incredible, I LOVE it. Our God is amazing and we will praise him! Get ready my friend, baby Bos number 2 will be here before you know it!!!