Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oprah!!

My sister Beth and I had the opportunity to go see the Oprah Winfrey Show filmed today in downtown Chicago. A friend of mine from high school (THANK YOU RYAN!) works for her on website design and he was able to score us some tickets. Anyone who has ever tried to get Oprah tickets (like me!) knows that this is an impossible feat, so we were really lucky.

The show we was was one of her Dr. Oz shows. Dr. Mehmet Oz is a cardiac surgeon from New York-Presbyterian Hospital and has written a number of books. Today's show will air on January 6 as part of the Live Your Best Life week, which is a New Year's resolutions sort of week.

The show offers the Ultimate Health Checkup, a list of things you must do in order to be the healthiest you can be. It was really interesting and has me motivated to be healthier in 2009. (Does that mean I have a free pass for the next six weeks, though? Ha, ha.)

It was a great experience to have, and fun to have a girls day away together. Here's a picture of us standing outside The Oprah Store, with the studio behind us.

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

AWESOME!!!

Jessica said...

Am I ever green with envy!! I've tried to get tickets too. Impossible!! Maybe someday. Too bad it wasn't "Oprah's favorite Things" show.