Friday, November 28, 2008

Lucky 100

This would have just been a picture post, or had some kind of catch-up title, but as I went to click "new post," I noticed that this will be post #100. You would think that for a milestone post I might have a milestone topic, or something milestone-worthy to say. Nope. It's been quiet here as of late, so here are just a few pictures to take a gander at.

We did have pediatrician well check appointments on Tuesday. Erin is 15 lb, 15 oz and 25-1/2 inches long. She is just under the 50th percentile for height, and smack on the 50th for weight. Kyle was 33 lb and 38 inches tall. Kyle is right about the 75th percentile for both height and weight. Both were healthy!

We also had a very nice Thanksgiving at my parents' house. :-)

This picture itself is cute enough, but the thing that really makes it mean a lot to me is what Kyle said. He leaned in, hugged Erin, and told her, "You're my best friend in the whole world." It warmed my heart so much. I hope and pray that they will always feel such love for each other.
These pictures are when we went to visit my friend Sarah and her two children. Kyle and Ella are close in age, with Ella being five months younger. Erin and Olivia are also close in age, with Olivia being four months younger. They are all going to be buddies!
Kyle has really enjoyed his Thomas balloon. He insisted on taking it to bed, and when I went to check on him hours later he was still grasping it!
We had two parties to go to last weekend, and I decided to make cupcakes. Kyle insisted many, many times that I needed to make the dog ones on the cover of the cookbook. So I have to post a picture since they were so much work, LOL!
Now that Erin can sit she has much more freedom, and fun, in the bathtub. She LOVES sitting in the tub and splashing!!
And finally, Kyle is really, really enjoying his Thomas stuff from his birthday. Usually we help him set up the track, but a couple days ago he kept running in the bathroom while I was in the shower to tell me he was setting up the track. I was so proud of him when I got out and looked. He used every track piece and had them all connected. Good job, Kyle!

... I am editing this to add that as I posted, I saw that my actual blog says 99 posts. I found a draft in my blogger account posts list. Sooo, now to come up with something "milestoneish" for that real number 100. Oh the pressure.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Great pics as always. You have a knack for that.

It's great when they love on each other. It totally beats that Mom she is breathing on me fights...rofl.

Love the cupcakes too! Great job!

the mom~ said...

Awwww...love what Kyle said, too cute! Cute cupcakes, YUM!

Jessica said...

Wow... I love your dog cupcakes. I used to make treats like that when the kids were in elementary school so they could take them to school and share with their friends. I remember that sometimes I would get a bright idea to make something and by the time I was done I wished I hadn't. Things like that can be a challenge.