Friday, June 18, 2010

My little cast-away

Kyle was a trooper today getting his cast off! That four weeks went by fast. When he broke his elbow my heart broke for his "lost summer" of bike riding and swinging. Now here we are with tons of summer left and two good arms!

For the first half of the day Kyle protectively held his arm close to his body and I would remind him on occasion that he could use both arms. By the end of the day he was using it much more. We still have some stiffness to work out, but he is already improving much quicker than I thought he would this morning. The trick will be to be sure he doesn't go too far with it and get careless. It still would be easier to break if he landed on it again.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually walked out the door without my camera this morning. In our haste I forgot it! (sniff) These were taken with my phone.We got to bring his cast home with us, as we did when he had the buckle fracture to his wrist. Boy oh boy has he grown! It's amazing to look at the size difference. Although the first one only went to his elbow and this one went up to the top part of his arm, you can see the difference in his wrist and hand easily. He sure has grown!

2 comments:

nana said...

WOW...4 wks already...hope the rest of the summer is accident free.

the mom~ said...

that WAS fast! Yah for summer and NO cast(s)! ;)