Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beds are optional...

Erin's transition from crib to toddler bed has been interesting. She moved into the bed very easily. Went down for her first nap in it with no problem. I think it lasted a day where she didn't realize she could get out on her own -- then she was all about it! She'd come in our room during the night and want in with us. Since I don't know the last time I got a full, uninterrupted night of sleep, I was usually too tired to argue.

Finally I decided I needed to toughen up and take her back. So, she came in again and I said, "Erin, it's the middle of the night and you need to sleep in your own bed." She looked surprised, said, "Oh!" and left. Wow -- easy!

Now she's in a whole new phase. She wakes up during the night and wants to sleep on the floor. I'll wake up to, "Mommy!" Usually when this happens I open my eyes and see a small face an inch or so from mine. Now I see no one; I just hear a little voice. I'll peek over the side and Erin will be on the floor, head on our extra pillow with the sham, and asking me to put her blanket on her. She then sleeps there the rest of the night. Hey, whatever floats your boat!

1 comment:

the mom~ said...

Ahhhh, she is so sweet though!!!