Saturday, May 3, 2008

The waiting game

I am a planner for the most part. I like to have a plan, know what I’m doing, what’s coming up, etc. The baby doesn’t want any part of that, so I am left in this plan-less limbo where everything I do includes the qualification, “depending on the baby.” I have ceased making any firm commitment to being anywhere or doing anything.

Thursday night/Friday morning I had contractions that kept me up from 2:45am on. We had an OB appt in Kalamazoo at 8am anyway, so we left with everything packed. And came home again… contractions are done. I would have loved a May 2 baby, it was Kyle’s half birthday (happy two and a half, Kyle!!) and it would have been cool to have the baby then. Nope!

On the other hand there is progress going on, so it appears the baby’s arrival will be sooner rather than later. While I’m not sure it will be this weekend, I would be surprised if it wasn’t this week. I’m restless. Ready to be through the pregnancy discomfort and anxious to begin this next stage of our family’s life that we’ve been anticipating for so long now.

We’ve planned all we can plan. Now we just wait with anticipation for the arrival of this glorious little girl or boy… on his or her own schedule!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the waiting game, Laura! My sister is due the first week of June so every time I call her I hear similar thoughts. Praying that it's soon!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait til we get to meet the new member of the Bos family! Wishing you a quick and painless delivery! :)

Trina said...

I voted too! hehehe The waiting is the hardest for me too. It would be so much easier if you knew exactly what day. It won't be long, in fact it will probably sooner rather than later, it sounds like. I can't wait to see the newest addition to your sweet family too. I hope you have an amazing delivery that is as pain free as possible. Come on Baby Bos!!

Valerie said...

I voted boy! Im not sure why but I think this lil one is another Bos boy.

Valerie said...

PS good luck! I hope you have a speedy labor and delivery!

Jinia said...

Some time I wonder whether I will get the information I am looking for. But you have given complete information which I required.
For more information :

best gynae centre
laproscopic gynae centre
painless delivery
gynecologist in tricity
gynecologist in panchkula
medical centre in tricity