Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My little charmer

Kyle has learned, somewhere, to turn on the charm. He knows when he is asking for, or attempting to do, something that he may or will be told no for. Examples of this include asking for a cookie, or peeking down the stairs when he is supposed to be going to bed. When he does these things, now he gets this little grin on his face that melts your heart. It’s a, “How could you turn this smile down?” look.

The charmer grin also comes out when he is being told something he doesn’t particularly want to hear. When I am asking Kyle to do something he doesn’t want to do, he will often simply ignore that I said anything. I have to tell him to look at me and I firmly repeat what I asked. Until recently, he would look at me with a mild scowl on his face. His way of showing me that he really didn’t want to hear what I had to say. But now that the charmer has come on the scene, when I ask him to look at me he turns with his little charmer grin firmly displayed. I keep waiting for him to bat his eyes at me, LOL. I know what the look is saying, “You can’t possible continue to ask me to do that which I don’t want to do when I am this adorable.”

For the most part I am able to stick to my guns and say no, or continue to ask him to do whatever it is he doesn’t want to. But occasionally that charm is just so dang cute that I’m not sure anyone could say no to it… certainly not his Mommy.

Oh, and my charmer is also my polite boy. In addition to the charming grin, Kyle also likes to respond to any request he prefers not to do with a very polite, “No please!”


1 comment:

Colleen said...

What a handsome boy kyle is! I want to squeeze him! He sure does look comfy on Ronald's shoe! rofl