Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh so techy!


Mike gave me an Amazon Kindle for my birthday, and I have been so excited about it! I'm loving it!

When it was first introduced a couple of years ago I was obssessed with it. I kept reading all the reviews, checking the Amazon page, etc. It was on my brain all the time. But, with the $400+ price tag I couldn't see ever getting one. Plus the reviews seemed to point to a few kinks, so I told myself there was no point in getting a first generation product anyway. Better to wait to get those little bugs worked out. So I told myself. ;-)

So here we are. A greatly reduced priced. Second generation. And a birthday gift! YAY!

My first Kindle book is True Believer, by Nicholas Sparks. I chose it because several years ago I received At First Sight, also by Sparks, as a gift. It was a book that followed the same characters as True Believer, so I wanted to read that first. Lately I had been checking the library for True Believer and it was always out, so I made it my first Kindle book. On deck, and already loaded, is Firefly Lane.

There are a lot of free books available, I am assuming from new-to-the-scene authors hoping to get some recognition, so it will be interesting to try some of those.

I am enjoying holding the small device. I like laying on my stomach in bed and not having to hold the book -- it just lays in front of me. I am a person that always liked literally seeing my bookmark progress through the book, so I am making do with the little bar that shows me the percentage I have read.

And the other night I was reading and Mike came up. I said, "I'm just finishing this chapter. Although I have no idea where the end is." LOL I could page forward to it, but then I would just have to page back.

Overall I am loving it!!!!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm not ready for that yet. I have a list of books to take out from the library and do love folding down pages... :O

Jaclyn said...

Stumbled onto your blog. Do you edit professionally? I'm trying to get into writing, but I'm terrible at editing, spelling and all the components of writing. I'm more of a story teller with an editor affixed to my hip. My blog is www.bonnyfireinaction.blogspot.com

the mom~ said...

Yah! We are thinking of getting my MIL one!!!