Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kyle's First Day of School

Kyle had take two on his first day of school today! It was supposed to be yesterday, but he coughed all night and wasn't feeling well. He slept great last night, though, and had a great start to his day today!

We got to school and Kyle was so excited and raring to go! He hugged his teacher, Mrs. Flower, and went right to his spot to start some activities. I could barely get him to kiss me goodbye, which is great for him! I'm so glad he settled right in without a worry at all.

When I picked him up today he said he'd had a great day. He was mostly concerned that he did not get to feed the guinia pig today. I asked him what he learned and he said, "Not a lot. I don't remember." :)

He is attending pre-Kindergarten at Maple Grove Elemetary here in South Haven. He's got some friends in his class, which is really nice, and only 15 students. He starts at 9 and doesn't finish until 3:50, which is a long day!! I think he's going to be sleeping really good at night!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That is a LONG day for pre-k!! Megan goes to kindergarten 9:30-3:30 (plus bus time).

I'm glad that he was feeling better on HIS first day of school!

nana said...

Oh well...guess Kyle's 1st day of school was just a delay...
Looks like the smile means "I'm finally here, mom!!"
Too bad that law was passed for pre-K to go a full day...very ridiculous...in my thinking!!