Saturday, April 10, 2010

You Capture ~ Comfort

I enjoy reading my friend Salena's blog regularly. I love her, her family and her blog!! I learn a lot from her posts, and also get some great ideas. She has recently hooked into a challenge from another blog, where you have to post a picture that you feel defines the assigned word. This week is it comfort.

I thougth for a bit about recent pictures I have taken, and what defines comfort to each of us in our family. The picture I decided on is this: Kyle got his green blankie as a baby gift. I'm not sure when exactly it became a must-have item, we just grew toward that need. Sometime around Kyle being a year or so, I realized that we needed a back-up blankie. This seemed highly urgent around 7pm on a Friday night. I had worked all day, and we were putting Kyle to bed. We could not find blankie anywhere. All I could think was that it was in a locked up KinderCare in Kalamazoo, and we wouldn't see it again until Monday morning. (Fortunately I found it in the car, tucked beside his car seat!)

Eventually the first blankie became so tattered I tried to buy a couple more. They no longer sold it in pine green, but hey, navy is close enough, right? NO. It is not. Thus it became green blankie. It now exists in our lives simply as "green."

Kyle always has it at bedtime and in the morning, but we no longer take it in anywhere. Lately, however, his need for it has been strong and he likes it in the car frequently. He took it for his last show and tell at school, along with pictures of him through the years with it.

He loves green. And green always goes with puppy. And I love that he loves them. I love the comfort they bring him, and the sweetness of it.

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Ahhhhhh, how sweet! :)

nana said...

Yes,yes,yes we all need that special something or someone at sometime!!