Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Saying goodbye

I went to the funeral of Doug Felland today. Dr. Felland was the father of my friend Stacy, who has been my best friend since junior high. Theirs was a house I walked into without knocking, spent the night at too many times to count, and enjoyed so many memories. Stacy's parents were like a second set of parents to me while I was growing up.

Dr. Felland was kind, smart, funny, optimistic... the list goes on. What a great man he was, and how he will be missed by so many.

Ironically, as I went to find a picture to post with this, my first thought was to pull up my wedding pictures. I knew I had reception pictures of all the guests. What I pulled up was a picture with the Fellands, and also the Kings. Sadly, we just said goodbye to Roger King this past month as well. Another great man lost to our world, but on to the next.

Godspeed to both of these men. We will miss them.

No comments: